Friday 24 July 2009

As I lay here yawning...

So, I'm temping at The Co-Operative.

Yes, indeed. After going to school, college, university and doing a post-grad, not to mention hours of unpaid work experience, here I am. Cleaning and doing a bit of reception work in a building that has meeting rooms in it.

I need to stay positive. I've been applying for jobs, I'm earning a bit of cash, I'm freelancing, I'm back in Manchester, where at least people talk to you.

I'm thinking that soon my luck will change. It must do. Things have been so rubbish for so long. I'm trying to stay upbeat, I really am. But it's tough sometimes when so many things go wrong.

However: list of short term goals: earn money from temping. Buy clothes! Generally splurge on self. Don't listen to anyone who criticises my CV (most people don't understand the specifics of applying to a newspaper). Generally stay happy.

Woooooooo! *smile on face

No comments: